Senior Audiophiles - Audiophile since the 60-70's?

How many Senior (true) Audiophiles do we have here since the 70's or prior?

What was your favorite decade and why?

What are your thoughts of the current state of Audio?

Would you trade your current system for a past system?
brianmgrarcom
1970's : ESS Tempests, Luxman L-80V, Dual turntable, Shure cartridge. I guess that makes me an audiophile from the 70's, but "Senior" at 52?! hmmmmm.....

What do I think about the current state of audiodom? Wonderful and silly. The former because of all the great equipment; the latter because I have 500 CD's, many of which need some tweaking re. eq. Should I start saving for 500 different cables/interconnects? Where in the world are the tone controls?

Steve O.
Ramy, I too miss the quality dealers who expected their business would yield them a living without pressing like a used car salesman. They also could talk about what they had seen at CES and the wonders to come. JG Holt's Stereophile also brought me wonders that seldom appeared in Tallahassee. I also agree that much of the equipment is revered today but was just okay. The Marantz 7 is one such piece.

I continue to play LPs today and think this sources to be superior to digital, but vinyl today is far superior to what I had then. I also still surf the crest of the wave of quality reproduction today but with fewer financial restrictions as you say.

Going on 63.

What was your favorite decade and why?

70s.

What are your thoughts of the current state of Audio?

Generally better, but more cynical.

Would you trade your current system for a past system?

No.
I am 73 and still seeking the holy grail in audio. Got interested in it when I was 14 and the most ear opening experience was in the early 50's at the NY Audio Show when the original Quad ESL was first shown. It was unbelievable.
Donaudio, I remember first hearing the Quad ESLs at a friend's in 1961 and thinking I had to have them. It was 1976 before I got a pair, actually two pair. Keep up the quest! It sounds like you are still having fun.