Music Hall MMF-5.1 or Project RM-5SE

Should I spend an additional $200 (plus shipping) to upgrade the MMF-5.1 that I just received to a Pro-Ject RM-5SE, or should I save my money for a year or two to get a significantly better turntable?

I've recently gotten into vinyl - dusted off an old Pioneer direct drive. I'm enjoying it, so I just got a Music Hall MMF-5.1. It's definitely an upgrade over the Pioneer / Grado Black, but I'm not super impressed with it for the price, even with the good price that I paid. It makes a motor noise that is audible when the room is quiet. The Pro-Ject upgrades the tonearm from aluminum to carbon fiber, the platter, and has a different cartridge (Sumiko Blue Point 2 vs. the Goldring on the Music Hall). My concern is that the RM-5SE will have the same motor as the MMF-5.1, which is made in the Pro-Ject factory using mostly Pro-Ject parts. Should I be bothered by that?

Any comments will be greatly appreciated!
Thanks,
Vic
vinyl_33
I didn't realize you had the newer version, but I got the Goldring 1012 cartridge. The sound of the 1042 is much fuller, more lush, better top to bottom overall, but it was the midrange that made the most impression on me. And on top of that, less surface noise as well. Hope that helps.
By the way, I tried the blue point 2 on my MMF5.1 before returning it and getting the 1042, 1042 is way better than the blue point 2. Blue point 2 was on the same level as the 1012.
On my MMF 5.1 the motor can be heard in a silent room, from within maybe three to five feet. It should be noted that this is not noise on the RCA outs, but mechanical; zero impact on the amplified signal. I defy anyone to hear it with music playing at even the lowest (listenable) level. I often ask folks with good ears, sitting in "the chair" ~12 feet away, if they can hear it. The answer is no, every time. Even from the best ears, young and old. So yes, a bit disconcerting, but realistically not an issue.

I prefer the MMF 5.1 to anything else I have heard under $750 used. Rega, Pro-Ject, vintage Thorens, vintage Denon, etc. Not being a dealer I have not been exposed to everything, and I certainly know that "absence of evidence is not evidence of absence," so I understand there may be better stuff.

It came with the Goldring 1022 cart with the 1042 stylus (bought on Audiogon for $600 with free shipping; thank you Derik Sedik!) What I find is that it is fabulous with intimate music, like a string quartet or jazz trio (Errol Garner's Concert by the Sea, Fogelberg's Souvenirs), but can be overwhelmed with big sounds like a full orchestra (Haitink's Shostakovic disappoints).

I have been advised by a number of shops - both face to face and via e-mail - that going from MM to MC will make a huge difference in the ability to resolve complex passages, so that is where I am headed.

QUESTION: Anyone have experience with the Denon 103R cart and this table? The Denon has a fairly low Compliance rating and I am wondering if it is good with the MMF 5.1?
I also own an mmf 5 and notice that even the slightest overtighting of the record clamp can cause an audible motor "grind"