SOTA Sapphire Turntable setup - how much lead?

O ye men of wisdom:

I am the owner of a used SOTA Sapphire, which uses lead shot to balance the subchassis. The original owner did not keep the unused shot so now I am wondering:

What is the total amount or weight of the lead supplied with the turntable originally? I have enough lead, I just don't know the right amount to start with. Any assistance would be sincerely appreciated.

Regards, hifigeezer
hifigeezer
There is no fixed amount and there is a procedure in the manual. If don't have a manual email me thru audiogon and I'll make you a copy.
I've had 3 Sota tables including the current version of NOVA. I found I wonderfully balance the chassis of the NOVA without any shot. I have a heavy armboard. Experiment some after you read through the manual Swampwalker has offered you.

Suggestion. Consider spikes for your table. I have found an appreciable difference using them instead of the standard feet.

You can also contact the kind folks at SOTA for input.

If you have a scale, then weight the arm-board and arm. Then and enough lead to flatten the sub-plinth and then take out the amount of lead to equal the arm board and arm. Then attach the arm-board and arm and all should be well.

Signed Man of Wisdom.

This is from memory. About 6 years ago I had a Sapphire. If I am totally wrong don't slam please. My ego is very fragile.
Thanks all, especially for the generous offer of the manual. I do have the manual but it does not specify how much lead comes from the factory; it does cover the procedure. Thanks also for your input on the spikes, that seems quite logical. The footers from Mapleshade look pretty neat but pricey; any other suggestions are welcome. When I get my unit back from SOTA I will post comments on the service and also measure the leg bolts (diameter and thread). Thanks again -- hifigeezer