LAST record preservative

I have noticed a slight reduction in highs after applying LAST record preservative. However, if I use Disc Doctor record cleaner after applying LAST preservative the highes seem to return to normal. Does the preservation effect if LAST still work if I use the Disc Doctor solution after the LAST solution has totally dried? I listen to my LP's daily and don't want them to wear out too fast if possible! All of my LP's are cleaned on a VPI 16.5 with Disc Doctor Miracle wash prior to play back or treatment with LAST preservative. Thanks for any advice, or feedback!
rick_hilton
Mofimadness, I have LAST stylast treatment. I will give it a try with the few LP's I treated with the LAST preservative. Hopefully, that does the trick. I am new to vinyl and have read so many good and bad things about LAST products. I am just very cautions about these different products. Most of my new LP's range from 30-50 dollars a piece, so I want to make sure that I am doing the best thing to preserve the record, and of course keep the sound quality as perfect as possible. Thanks for your input.
Rick...the LAST preservative evaporates so quickly, I can't believe you could over apply it. In the very beginning, (many years ago), I did listen to many before and afters and was totally sold on what the LAST did. I haven't done it recently because I believe so much in the product I never questioned it. I know there are some who doubt what it does, but to my ears, I really trust it. This has been debated many times over, but I am on the PRO side of LAST. I guess I can let my records speak for themselves as to whether it works. I buy probably 10-12 new records a month, so I understand your concerns.
Rick, I have noticed this also and so I will not use any LAST products. I also won't spend any time discussing this because it always ends up badly. To each his own.
From the LAST website:

"LAST Record Preservative chemically enhances the molecular stability, and therefore the cohesiveness of the groove surface so that it completely resists the damaging effects of stylus shock waves.
The 30-second treatment affects the vinyl to a depth of about ten molecular layers and becomes part of the grove wall. There are no surface residues that can be picked up by the stylus. In fact, overuse is harmless."

With this in mind, wouldn't the benefit still be there after applying then re-washing the record? I would think so.

BTA
Back in the 1980s I called the LAST company and to my great surprise was put through to the chemist who formulated the stuff. I wanted to know if record cleaning fluid would remove his product. He said that the only thing that would take it off a record was a nasty industrial solvent unavailable to consumers. On the other hand, Duane Goldman, the creator of the Disc Doctor line, told me that his cleaner absolutely will remove Last record preservative. Until an audiophile chemist tests both claims (paging Myles Astor!) there's no definitive answer.