In the Air tonight DRUMS - phil collins on LP

Hi
Is there a label that merits buying this LP, I see there is a 12" made in Germany is it audiophile quality?

does he have any more good drum solos and if so which ones and on what labels
thanks
macallan25
I still don't understand why this thread isn't under Music. I mean, just because it has LP in the title does it really belong here?

I'm just asking because I'd hate to see the Analog forum filled up with posts of this kind, ala AA.
I agree with the previous post about getting Seconds Out. Chester and Phil both have an amazing drum solo on Dance on a Volcano/Los Endos. Far superior to In the Air Tonight, IMO.
Phil was quite good and unique in his prime (aka Brand X) and probably still is to some degree. But we all mellow and change over time, so he's not nearly as adventerous.

Of course, you can't write a pop song in 11/8, so his technical drumming on those is quite different from what you hear on the commercial Genesis and solo stuff.

Bob
Onhwy61, I found the section to which you referred. The Roland drum machine
was not used for the now classic "Phil Collins" drum sound, which is
described in detail later in the link, and which I thought was being discussed
when the topic of the "In the Air Tonight" drum solo was mentioned.

Anyway, thanks for getting me to read more thoroughly.
I am not sure if anyone is aware but Phil Collins has been involved in trials testing a new drug that fights baldness - you can see him in this recent performance of In the Air Tonight. Obviously the new product seems to work but they have not released the drug yet to the public, as there still appears to be some side effects. (Phil Collins has since started a Broadway musical, "Tarzan" and has been spotted more than once climbing New York skyscrapers with a beautiful TV anchorwoman under his arm)