Does anyone know about Mana tables?

I recently bought a Mana Acoustics table and reference top on Audiogon(It is still listed here as sold.). I have a Mana reference table, and was wondering how to use these with my Linn lp12? BTW, Mana is gone. Does anyone know the hierarchy of the Mana stuff? What is stage one, etc.? I figured this might be better than the Ikea lack table that my Mana reference table sits on.
mmakshak
Each mana product you add is refereed to as a phase.
you have a mana table and a reference top,and therefore on phase two.
add another mini table you are at phase three and so on.
every-time you add a phase you move the glass to the top and use boards between the phases.
Back in the day i belonged to the mana forum and had special
advanced set up instruction emailed to me by John Watson of mana acoustics which i can email you if you like.
the long spikes where nicknamed by us "evil spikes" and the short ones "studies".
A well known tweak at the time was to use evil spikes on the glass as well.
once you hit phase four you really start cocking on gas,i have my Krell KPS 25SC on phase nine.
Keep your eyes open for some mana gear i will be selling soon!
Hope it helps
Jake

I wrote the first Mana review for "Listener." I think generalizations about racks, stands, and isolation devices are usually foolish since it's been my experience that the performance of these things is very much dependent on the system and the environment. A rack that sounds great on the second floor of a balloon framed house might sound wretched on a concrete slab in a basement, for example. That said, the improvement rendered by a Mana stand compared to a Target stand (probably the most widely used stand in the '80s and early '90s) under my Xerxes was so obvious that a cinder block could have heard it. Art Dudley burst into surprised laughter when I demonstrated the difference to him by moving my Xerxes from the Target rack to the Mana stand. The downside to the Mana stands is that set up is tedious and time - consuming, and Mana auteur John Watson's instructions were intentionally abstruse. You were told to tighten the nuts on the spikes "finger tight" and "snug" but not too tight, for instance. Since this tightness has some critical influence on the sound of the rack Watson could and should have specified an exact torque number for the nuts, but he always refused to. Similarly, Mana users were instructed to tap on the glass while adjusting the supporting spikes and listen for what was described as "The Tone," a ringing sound that indicated perfect adjustment. Again, since achieving this sound was so important, Watson should have made things easy for his customers by posting a little MP3 of it on Mana's web site but he never did. Despite the set up hassles Mana stands certainly had their enthusiastic admirers. As I recall Dave Gilmour of Pink Floyd had custom Mana stands under all the gear in his recording studio, and Brian May of Queen used one under his Vox amp.
Great information guys, and thanks for those setup instructions Manaman. Just curious, does anyone know if I can use the Mana Acoustics table(wood top)with the Mana Reference table(glass), or would it be better to use the Mana Acoustics table with the Reference top(glass). It appears that the Mini table is a short table with a wood top, and these are generally the ones used to add stages.
Use the laminate board on the table ,and then put the reference top on the table with the glass on top of that.
the top level{phase) should always be glass and any level in between should be laminate board.
Hi Manaman/Mmakshak, could you be so kind and let me have a copy of your Setup instructions for the Mana from John Watson Please, as I no longer have mine.
Many thanks.