Glanz moving magnet cartridges

Hi,

I have just acquired an old Glanz G5 moving magnet cartridge. However, I cannot find out any details about this or the Glanz range or, even the company and its history.

Can anyone out there assist me in starting to piece together a full picture?

Any experiences with this or other Glanz's; web links; set up information etc would be warmly received. Surely someone knows something!

Thanks in hope
dgob
Does anyone knows anything about the Glanz MFG 61?
This one I can buy from some Italian seller.

Regards,
Sorry Nandric,

I have never heard it. However, if it is the MFG-61'L', it should be a good buy. I think that if you can get it at a reasonable price, it will be useful just to explore for yourself. Obviously, I do rate the Glanz that I have tried and other fora are positive about other Glanz.

Good luck either way

As always...
Dear Vetterone, The intention of my question was to get
advice reg. the purchase of the MFG 61. From your answer
I can conclude that you prefer to keep your knowledge for
yourself. I know that you are a kind of inventor but the
so called 'know how' in the context of the intellectual property
apply for your turntables and not carts. Or so I thought.

Regards,
Nandric, I answered your question. Knowing lawyers as I do, I would never put forth anything more than what was asked from them. In fact most lawyers would never ask a question for which they did not already know the answer.
I hate to assume anything.

Now that you tell me of your intentions, I will gladly give you more information on the MFG 61. If you have not done so already. BUY IT! According to the info sheet included with the MFG 61, Glanz says

"MFG 61, as the most prestige model among Glanz MF cartridges..."

Obviously, the MFG 61 is the top of the line, even above the MFG 70/71 models.
There is no 61L model as Dgob was assuming.

A question for you Nandric, what is your favorite lawyer joke?

Cheers