Harmon Kardan T65c Turntable

Hello,

Anyone familiar with the HK T65c Turntable?? I just picked up a real nice one for cheap. It seems like a well built turntable, and I notice the series was a favorite of Frank Van Alstine. Anyone ever use one. They used to be called a Poor Man's Linn Sondek. It has capacitance settings on it, and uses an ITO Carbon Fiber Tonearm, at 9.5 gram effective Mass. I was wondering about any mods, or such for it. Appreciate any input, Thanks, Ray
rayr2
I own the T60 which is extremely similar to the one you just purchased.
It still works well after all these years.
No need for any modifications.
I suggest you just buy a Grado wooden cartridge and you'll be spinning for years to come!
The Grado brand was the choice of the dealer and it's a great match.
I as well at one time used the T60 for about 15 years before moving onto VPI. The T65C you have was a further refinement of the original T60. Van Alstine offered mods on the T20 and T30 if memory serves me correct. Basically he added and outboard power supply. I would say if it is working, just sit back an relax, it is a great turntable. Grados and Ortofon cartridges work best on this table, at least thats my experience. I would get a new belt for it, if it hasn't been replaced. Other than that plug, play and enjoy.
Thanks so much guys for the input!!! My main rig is a VPI HW19 MK.IV Turntable with a ZETA Tonearm. I wanted to get a way to play some of my better higher Compliant cartridges, like the Grado Signature TLZ...Shure v15VMR-LE....Audio Technica AT20SLa....Ortofon OM30...etc...It was either get another Tonearm, or a spare table that would do the job decently. I figured the table would be the easier route, than changing arms frequently. i tried a Technics SL1200 series, but wasn't happy. I found this HK T65c in mint condition, from Craigslist, it was an older womans, she was selling a whole Harmon kardon system. but I only needed the Table, she has everything, paperwork, receipt, manuals, etc...so it was a nice buy. i also just got my new belt in the mail yesterday, so im all set to go. I appreciate any other input, or tips you guys may have. thanks, Ray
BTW....my ZETA Arm is 16 gram effective mass, which is why i needed a lighter tonearm, or another table, the ZETA is best suited to Medium to Low Compliant cartridges, such as many moving Coils, Denon, and Sumiko's have done very well, and im sure that Benz would be ideal. Thanks...Ray