Music Hall mmf-7 spins faster

I have a Music Hall mmf-7 turntable (EAR 834P phono preamp) and it spins faster than normal. I bought a new motor and a new belt from Roy Hall, but it didn't change a thing. I borrowed my friends' motor (he has an mmf-7.1): no change... I even bought a Pro-Ject Speed Box (on Roy Hall's advice): it still spins faster. My cartridge is a Sumiko Blackbird. I really don't know what much else to do: any ideas? Did someone run into this problem?

I am desperate.
lrmellon
I am back with the conclusion: there isn't any.

Twad was right: the mmf-7 is a joke. With the new motor, it almost does not spin at all. I don't see any reason to use my time trying to understand what's wrong with this turntable. I'll be using the mmf-7.1 for the shortest time period possible and buy a VPI. Cheers all...
No, I didn't. Thanks for letting me know. I will have to pass however. The VPI purchase will come some time in the second quarter of 2010 (at the latest), preferably a ScoutMaster. Thanks again...
Finally, some closure: I have both turntables (mmf-7 and mmf-7.1) spinning correctly now. After a lot of tweaking, I finally put a little (toilet) paper on the small rod on top of the motor before easing the pulley, giving it a snug fit. Since then, no more speed problems. It even works perfectly with the Pro-Ject Speed Box II now. In fact, there was no adjustment screw (and no place to insert one) at the base of the motor pulley, thus making it going either too fast (or too slow): "élémentaire, mon cher Watson!" as the French would say...
Wow! Seems counter-intuitive, though, that a loose fit between the rod and the pulley would result in too fast a speed. Too slow a speed, or an erratic speed, certainly would be understandable. In any event, glad it's solved!

Regards,
-- Al