Upgrade PWD MKI to MKII worth the investment?

Hi guys, I'm deciding if I going to the upgrade path with this DAC or just wait until some new updates come from PS audio.
I am sure some of you already went trough this path and could describe differences and significant improvements after your upgrade.
Thank you always for your time.
128x128mountainsong
There was a thread about this recently but I can't find it for some reason. In that thread I said I thought the Mk II was a definite upgrade but not a night and day difference.

A few people thought I was deaf or crazy, and I admit to being a little of both. They thought the Mk II was definitely a night and day upgrade.

You can find this discussed in great detail in the discussion forums on the PS Audio website.
OK, I found that recent thread:
PS audio PWD MK2 a real upgrade from MKI?

and it was started by you. That's probably why this one didn't get much response.
I did but I did not get much response either and some were ambiguous,
I like what I hear with the mkI, but I was expecting description of sound difference.
Thank you very much.
Well, I will give it a go.

First you must use the Native X setting to get the full potential out of the upgrade.

If you have a PW Transport and use the I2S output to the PW DAC you will get a CD player that will beat all but the best and still rival them.

The fact that all inputs have the Lens Tech makes this a worthwhile investment IMHO. It improves the sound for all inputs.

You will hear a more refined sound. Better dynamics, sound stage, more transparent, less digital and I think more musical.

Will it be night and day? I guess it depends on your system.
I felt it was worth the upgrade. Keep in mind it will need to be burned in again as you have a new board.

But there are other things to consider.

PS Audio is working on the next upgrade. When? Anybodies guess. I would say no earlier then end of this year. No later then end of summer of 2014.

But when that happens you might pay more to upgrade on a MKI vs a MKII I would expect.

Then there is all the other DACs that have and will be coming out in the next few months in the $4-5,000 price range.

If it cost you to upgrade now about $8-1,000 and then to the MKIII another of the same you would be around $1,600 to $2,000. A lot less then what you would have to spend for a new DAC that most do not offer a hardware upgrade path.

I would expect the same worthwhile upgrade in sound from the PS Audio MKIII when it come out.

What ever you decide good luck.