Amazing Upgrade for Oppo 93/103 and CA Players

There are plenty of modders who do full service on the Oppo players. But I have come across an amazing upgrade that can be done by anyone in 5 minutes.

Dr Lee Jaehong is based in South Korea and makes a replacement linear power supply for the Oppo and Cambridge Audio Blu-ray players.

http://www.oppomod.com

You just take out the 5 screws for the old SMPS, and drop the new LPM in. Nothing difficult. I actually have a Cambridge Audio BD751, and the upgrade was pretty dramatic for audio and video, in every aspect.

Apparently many are saying this power supply in the Oppo103 takes it past the level of 105, and you get all round better video quality as a bonus.
agisthos
I rather suspect it's not cost effective to stock parts or even take the time to evaluate mods for last year's models. The big push now is for OPPO 103 and 105.
Geoffkait makes a good point about the overhead associated with modding older Oppos. However, message the guy at HongKong basket. A genuine audiophile who seems to be eager to help and not just make a buck. We emailed a little about our systems.

Also, I ordered the mod kindly brought to our attention by Agisthos. That modder is really nice, too. I only use separate HDMI outs for video and audio, and I asked about the improvement. He claims the HDMI signal will in fact have the largest improvement.

I'll report back about my experience. He's saying 7-10 days shipping to Illinois from South Korea.
If you only use HDMI, then you can disconnect the power from the audio board and isolate it completely.
I E-mailed HongKong Basket and got a response saying the IEC kit that’s made for the Oppo 103's and 105's will also work in an Oppo 83 SE the only difference being the length of the wire leads for the 83 SE is a little shorter. The E-mail response said when ordering to mention the kit is for an 83 SE to prompt them to supply the shorted leads.

With all the tweaking I do with power cords, fuses and Quantum Chips, this mod seems like a no-brainer.