TW-Acustic Arm

TW-Acustic has a beautiful looking arm. Does anyone know what it sounds like?
128x128gerrym5
Dgad, yes - in fact a few of my articles have been translated into english (as a matter of fact - I wrote them in english...).
However they were publish in technical papers about IT security, quality control, precision tooling and the like for professional applications - much too complicated literature.
Very bad stuff when one is on coke and chips and with the air-condition fighting the caribbean heat.
I too had 1 or 2 articles in "the absolu!e sound" back in the mid-early 1990ies.
Those weren't that complicated.
Deartonarm, I think you connive at my points in comparing tonearms which are already present on the market, having a similar design and quality like the 10.5. Remember that it was one of your remarks - the serious price tag. You doubt the quality and performace only by 'looking' at the product. Even though there are a lot of similar products with even more serious price tags and the same structural design. In my opinion no closer looking is possible.

If people only would buy the tonearm by brand (which one can think about different other brands too - this is classical consumer behaviour) then TW established a 'brand'. Quite remarkable, because you may not raise one morning and having a brand by fortune.

However, I don't think that the discussion leads to a reasonable result. There are too much unknown aspects, because we don't have the tonearm in front of 'us'.
Tttt, sorry you are wrong. And so are your assumption of me "connive" at your comparing "similar design" tonearms.
I took the price tag as a call for quality and excellence - you took it as a qualifier.
Of course TW established a brand - this is his one and so far only remarkable contribution to the audio world.
But a brand isn't automatically leading to - nor defining - quality.
But maybe me concept of "quality" hasn't kept up with modern day view.
Just as a reminder - quality in its original sense of the word means neither "presence" nor "price tag" nor "brand".
It means quality - nothing else.
"Brand" BTW, isn't the same either as it used to be in the days before the foremost attention of all managers focussed on shareholder-value and the next quarterly report.

Brand today is as hollow as most marketing action.
And I studied marketing and graduated in.
A terrible business.

In your opinion no closer looking may be possible, - but it is.
Guess we both will agree, that it will make a hell of a difference whether Michael Schumacher drives a Formula 1 car or you take driver's seat.
Aside from the fact that he may be a bit faster than you, he furthermore will be able to tell the technicians some important information after the ride. How the car behaves in certain situations, where there might be some room for improvement - etc.
He will gather all that information and detect tiny details while driving his rounds. In the very same situation you might have a hard struggle keeping the F-1 car on the track at all and might be forced to focus all your senses on surviving the ride. In addition, you may not have too much knowledge to start with about Formula 1 racing car design (which indeed is one world more complex and demanding than audio design as a whole - let alone tonearm design).

When he and you stand in front of the F-1 car, just glancing at it, he most likely will see much more than you too. He too already might have a good idea about how the car might behave and how to drive it.

See the point ?

Of course this discussion doesn't "lead to a reasonable result".
It can't.
The position of the TW 10.5 isn't backed by any technical support - despite the fact that we had a lot of posts by its co-designer himself and his dear friend from the southern caribbean. But all these posts did not contain a single technical input, but concentrated on my person.

As said before - I am still waiting for technical facts to give the tonearm in question some good reason for its claim of superiority ... and its price tag.
Derblowhard,

As we say in English, jelousy gets you nowhere. Sorry you couldn't establish a brand or have continued demand for your turntable & designs. Good luck the 2nd time around. I wonder if you find a way to market your future products on their own merit and not by attacking a vendor directly. This truly sums up all of your posts.
Dertonarm,

And yes you studied marketing but you missed the course on ethics.