Is There An "Absolute" Best Cartridge?

Dear friends: We can read through different threads/posts in this forum that people always want/ask to know for the " best " " audio item " that IMHO and till today does not exist in " absolute " meaning.
Well I already have and I'm " living " a unique experience that makes me to share with all of you what IMHO could be in Absolute terms " the best cartridge ever ".

Please read this Technics EPC-P100C-MK4 information that could help you for you can share with us your experiences/thoughts on the subject of this thread:
http://forum.audiogon.com/cgi-bin/fr.pl?eanlg&1200430667&openflup&1827&4#1827

Thank you in advance.
Regards and enjoy the music,
Raul.
Ag insider logo xs@2xrauliruegas
Dear Tpreaves: In some ways you are right till you find " something " that break your everyday paradigms and this Technics cartridge break audio paradigms and myths.

Raul.
Dear Elizabeth: Maybe could be time to try " new " alternatives.
For many years all of us already have " right in front " other analog source choice and because we are accustom to the same audio paradigms we don't even " look " at " left side ", never is to late to begin with.

Raul.
Dear Stanwal: I own too the Technics EPC 205C MK4 that is one of my favorities and I agree that is a great cartridge ( either MM/MI or LOMC. ).

As good the 205MK4 it is a little short against the P100C MK4 ( even both cartridge specs are different and in favor of the P100C MK4. ), we have to remember that this cartridge was the Technics " master piece ": nothing less.

+++++ " But I never heard of ANY p mount cartridge that could compete with a good standard mount given the compromises necessary by the mounting system. " +++++

please re-read my Technics review where I be very specific on that mounting " compromise " you name it and that fortunately is solve: no compromises at all.

If you want a first rate MM/MI alternative that happen is a P-mount design ( where you can attest or not about your concern. ) you can get ( by " cents ". ) the Azden YM-P50VL in NOS condition ( that I name it in the review. ) here with Nick: clock3153@hotmail.com

Raul.
Dear Don_c55: +++++ " The "Absolute best of" Posts are ridiculous! " +++++

maybe yes and maybe not, it depend of what audio item we are talking about, what surrounded that audio item, whom are talking about and why are talking about ( between other things ).

This is what I posted in the thread: +++++ " to know for the " best " " audio item " that IMHO and till today does not exist in " absolute " meaning. " +++++

so in principle/beginning I agree with you but the world as life and everything that surrounded us ( including audio ) in more or less way is changing in a constant way.

I like to ask me " stupid " or unorthodox questions: hey what happen if instead to use a " normal/usual " VTA/SRA set up I change for an unusual ( very high. ) one ? hey what happen if instead to use the " normal " ( rule ) load for MM cartridges at 47K to 100K? hey what happen if I don't use any plinth with my TT? and many other questions and you know what I always discover/learn something for the better or wrong that when " for the better " many times goes against the usual " paradigms/myths "/establishment in audio even against Theory.

This thread is more to ask to every one of us to leave behind us those old paradigms/myths ( not all of them. ) that could stop growing the high end audio industry in detriment/against of the music enjoy.

This Technics cartridge is IMHO a very good example that could give us the opportunity to be and think not only different but oriented to improve faster what we have on hand today. I will try through this thread along other contributors to explain that almost always exist the " best of.." audio item.

+++++ " LOMC are always superior (in long term listening) to MM/MI " +++++

That the Technics cartridge is a MM design it does not have importance and the thread is not the place to analize LOMC against MM , if you want to know more about please go to that long MM/MI thread where you can find several answers/experiences from many people that think in different way you do even they think the subject is " the other way around "!

Raul.