Best Cartridge under $1000.00 for Rega 700

I have asked this in another thread, but thought it may get lost in there, so I wanted to start a new one. I have a Rega 700 TT, with TTPSU power supply, Groovetracer Subplatter, Acrylic platter and GT counter weight. I am using an EAR 834P phono preamp so low output MC is okay. I have had nothing but good advice here and am clueless about matching Carts to arms so any advice will be welcome. As I say above I want to keep it under $1000.00 to $1100.00. Any thoughts on the Lyra Dorian, or Grado Statement Platinum?
Thanks
Jerry
birdmanpa
you have a Rega with the RB700 arm?
Get either:
Benz Glider m $1,000 or,similar cart but cheaper diamond tip Benz Ace $700
I have a Rega P5 with the RB700 arm and the Benz Glider medium output. I raised the arm with two 2mm spacers also for the Glider to be at it's best.
I have a Kuzma with Stogi arm with a Dynavector Karat 17D3 also $1,000 but for your phono, get the Glider.. you will love it.
Agree Dorian is another good choice.
Glider is nice.My buddy likes his 17D but I would also low at Lyra Dorian.Depends when you say low if you have enough gain for Dyna since it is .23Mv.If looking for a bargain I haven't heard them but eh re-wired Zu 103's when they come back on line.I used to sell the Grado but $1200 Statement (I had $500 Sonata) can be a bit boring.People love 'em or if not hate them (well not really) but it's good choice for a mono unit no a issue for you since you can't swap carts for stereo and mono.I didn't mention Shelter because like some gear frequency extremes are good but not equal of Dyna,Lyra dn I think (though don't have the time with) Benz across the band which is desirable as not to "tilt up" or emphasizes one part of band not smooth across.I think he's still there try Bes at Music Direct.He sells it all and has heard every combo.
Cheers
Chazz
Thank you all, now I am torn between the Lyra and the Benz. I have a Benz silver and really like it, it was the cart that made me realize how much difference a decent cartridge can make, now of course I am never satisfied. Since I am using the EAR phono pre, will either the Glider SM or Glider SL, work for me or should I stick to the M? Between the Benz and the Dorian, which will give the greatest difference in mid range response, between it and the Dynavector 17D3, which I already have. Looking for the one to switch between with the dyna just because. I think I may be just a little bent.
Back at you all,
Jerry
I love my Dynavector Karat 17D3 MkII and would consider the latest MkIII after this one for sure, Improvements are costly for small percentages after that IMO.
Thank you Krell. I also love my Dynavector, but being just a tad compulsive, I keep thinking that may the, (you fill in the blank) cartridge for only (see above parenthesis), dollars more, will give me the punch I am looking for. I will always be wanting better, but I will probably not get that much more with the Lyra/Benz/Clearaudio, in the same price range without significantly upgrading the rest of the system. Oh hell whats just one more cartridge!