Rega 700 rewire

I have a Rega P5 TT, which I have recently done some very worthwhile tweaks to. I have put in the Groovetracer sub platter, counter weights and the Groovetracer Acrylic Platter.
I already have the TT PSU power supply and am looking to get the most I can out of this already great sounding TT. My next place to turn, as I cannot afford to get into the next level of TT's is to think about a higher quality of wiring for the 700 arm. Will I get the same gain in sound quality I have had with rewiring the 700 as I have achieved in the past with the Incognito rewire I had done on my RB 300. What would yo suggest as a good upgrade to the existing wiring from cartridge clips to phono jacks? Any help will be appreciated
Jerry
birdmanpa
Raul, I have been reading some of your MM/MC threads and you obviously have quite a bit of experience. I have using the buy what I saw and what I could afford at the moment, method of building a system. Based on limited knowledge, being a novice, although I have been playing with hi-fi for over thirty years. My system, currently is, Mac 275 tube amp, the modern version, Mac 220-c tube pre, EAR 834P Preamp, Adcom GFA-555 solid state Amp, the tweaked Rega P5, as well as a VPI TT, intro model ,with numerous mods, including Scout platter, upgraded Rega 300 arm, upgraded sub platter and arm board, all acrylic and upgraded bearing. I am using B&W 804 speakers and my music runs from Jazz and Classical to classic rock. I don't have the money to make any significant purchases right now, but I am still looking for the ideal cartridge for my Rega P5, 700 arm, taking into consideration the rewiring and the EAR phono pre. Incidentally I use the Mac tube 275, to run the high end and the Adcom solid state 200 wpc, for the woofers in my bi wired B&W's. Any thoughts? Sorry for the long post but I thought since I am trying to learn rather than using the hit and miss approach I have been using I should get it all out there.
Thanks again
Hi Reb, While I am trying to 'get' those mods as cheap as
possible you are persistent in the opposite. Why should one
buy an expensive tonearm and then rewire the thing?
For the Rega 300 this makes sense in (co)relation to the price. Roy Gandy gets +/- 50% of the selling price so he must be economical somewhere. He is maybe an stubborn guy but it is totaly different matter to suppose or suggest that he is an incompetent designer. Those Regas are an immense success you know. In particular the 300/250 versions.
Regards,
Thanks again for all your input, I now have another potential issue. I have decided to try the Grado Statement Master, for my Rega. I had a couple of suggestions about the Grado and I have always liked them in the past. I now have been told that there is a potential hum issue with the Grado/Rega TT combo. Due to unshielded motor housing in the Rega. Is anyone familiar with this and if so, what are some possible solututions, other than selling the Grado as soon as it arrives.
Thanks again in advance. Jerry
Can't advise you re the hum issue, but be carefull re the Grado's output and the EAR. If your Grado's output is .5mv, you will have a problem with the EAR's 500 ohm input impedance in MC mode. If you have the 5mv version of the cartridge you are OK, in MM mode.
I am also about to rewire my RB700 with the Incognito kit. Jerry, can you share your experiences after about a year with a tricked-out P5?
Also, I have used both a Dynavector 20XL and a Shelter 501 MKII and both have been excellent cartridges for the RB700/P5, to a Heed Quasar pre. Check those cartridges out if you haven't already.
I also have the Groovetracer reference subplatter, platter, and counterweight, and all have added incremental benefits to the P5's performance IME.
My stock RB700 arm had some azimuth issues - it wasn't quite square with the platter. So I am investigating the Riggle VTAF with new (and unadvertised as of now) AZOF - Azimuth on the Fly - to try to solve this problem.