Fozgometer?

Just yesterday read in Stereophile about this new tool for setting azimuth electrically. Sounds interesting, but also IMO is slightly borderline for myself to decide whether the cost ($250) would justify buying such a tool?

Downside with myself, is my Arm is not adjustable in azimuth, unless I maybe throw a Pipe Wrench on the Armtube?

Still, would be interesting to get other's opinions, and hopefully soon, some user's accounts of such a tool? Mark
markd51
Lirpa? no, it is a real device made by 'the' man Fosgate himself, which checks for azimuth in an ingenious way. It is $250. and is in high demand, thus backorders.
Does anyone know how this compares to the Feikert azimuth plus?

Ciao,
Audioquest4life
I purchased a Fozgometer right after CES when the lead time was only a few weeks. The unit is very well made and works prefectly of course you need a test LP, I picked one up that had the correct test tones at a local record store for about $10, I got lucky. I bought the meter specifically for my Clearaudio Reference table with Souther TQ1 Linear arm. I was having a lot of trouble dialing in the cartridge, if you are at all familar with the arm you will understand why. Everything was set correctly but it still did not sound as it right. We played with the azimuth using a level, measure, then eyeballing it, then my friends eyeballed it, all with the same result. Checking the azimuth with the meter confirmed our suspisions, the azimuth was way off. A slight adjustment, then rechecked it with the meter and the azimuth is dead on. What took hours of guesswork was completed in 5 minutes with the Fozgometer meter. The sound of the table is now perfect. I checked the other arm on the table, a Clearaudio Satisfy which has adjustable azimuth but it was dead on as was the arm arms we checked like a Rega 300/301s where there is no adjustment. Good tool to pick up if you need it.