Does "perfect alignment of cart" eliminate 100% ?

Does perfect alignment or close to perfect eliminate 100% inner groove distortion ?
I have alignmed my arm and table a lot of times only to still hear some IGD ? granting one can perfectly align the cart, can one eliminate it 100% on all LPs ? or does most of us here still get IGD ? only some are minimal ?
nolitan
In short, is it a majority of us experiencing IGD or some of you guys can claim that you can play most of your LPs w/out any IGD ?
What cartridge are you using? My understanding is some carts are going to give a little more IGD than others, even if they excel in other areas.

I'm using an AT440MLa on a Technics 1200. Not the highest-fi setup, but the AT tracks well, and I don't hear any IGD.

And for the record, I set it up with the TT Basics mirror protractor(with a string taped to the sight line to help make sure it was pointed at the pivot).

Eric
Nolitan,

yes, I can play my LP's with no inner groove distortion. I would wager that most everyone I know whose systems I have heard can also play with no inner groove distortion. If you are hearing this there is something not correct in your setup.
How old is the cartridge and was it a used one? Might be worn out prematurely due to improper setup.