Does "perfect alignment of cart" eliminate 100% ?

Does perfect alignment or close to perfect eliminate 100% inner groove distortion ?
I have alignmed my arm and table a lot of times only to still hear some IGD ? granting one can perfectly align the cart, can one eliminate it 100% on all LPs ? or does most of us here still get IGD ? only some are minimal ?
nolitan
Nolitan,

Another cause of inner groove distortion can be your motor. I have had a friend upgrade his motor and noticed an eliminatoin on IGD due to the upgrade. Speed stability issues are more apparent on the inner grooves.
Dgad, that is an excellent point. Speed stability can also be the last piece to eliminating sibilance.
I did notice that playing with the alignment did help reduce the IGD but its not 100percent eliminated.
Does incorrect anti-skate setting also causes IGD ?
Some arms are more affected than others, yes. Mistracking in the inner grooves might also be caused by the mechanical resonance of the arm/cartridge being slightly too high.

Electrical loading of the cartridge can help too.

Some preamps will exhibit a distortion that sounds a lot like mistracking. This seems to show up in less expensive solid state units that use excessive feedback.