Does "perfect alignment of cart" eliminate 100% ?

Does perfect alignment or close to perfect eliminate 100% inner groove distortion ?
I have alignmed my arm and table a lot of times only to still hear some IGD ? granting one can perfectly align the cart, can one eliminate it 100% on all LPs ? or does most of us here still get IGD ? only some are minimal ?
nolitan
The question that must be asked ... what cartridge?

Stylus profile, in my experience, has much more to do with the elimination of IGD than any other parameter.
>>06-15-10: Vinyladdict
Stylus profile, in my experience, has much more to do with the elimination of IGD than any other parameter.<<

Nope. Precise alignment is the key.

The stylus profile contributes to good tracking but all stylii will minimize IGD provided the cartridge/tonearm match is proper.
I am with Audiofeil on this.

The Mintlp is a great tool. We used it when we set the table up. I had the alignment off, the table was not level, azimuth was off and the tracking angle was wrong. Basically, I had everything wrong. The funny thing is that I have been working on my table for a year and knew all of this but could not put it all together. I did not know what to listen for when setting the VTA or azimuth. My friend has better ears than me. The music dropped back about two feet behind the speakers when the VTA was locked in. I had it too low. When he leveled the table it made a huge difference. It was not off much but it made a big difference when spot on. He used the bubble level on the inner part of the platter near the spindle. I learned a lot from him in 30 minutes than I learned by myself in a year. It helps to know someone who knows what they are doing. I still do have some IGD, but he said that my tonearm/cartridge combo was as good as it would get. He also said a Lyra cartridge would probably track much better than the Benz H2 and that the scout although a decent table for the money is not the best. I need a better tonearm. He said that is half the battle and is key. A tonearm upgrade and cartridge that will work with the arm is what will ultimately improve the tracking. So I am saving my pennies.