Great lost lps...the 80s....synth pop and others..

the Church-Blurred crusade-A great lp by one of the most criminally underated band of the 80s...they flirted with the bigtime years later on "starfish"...nice clean production as well...

Real Life-Heartland-a lost synth pop classic from another Aussie band....

Thomas Dolby...first two lps....

The Woodentops....any lp...

Close Lobsters...Foxtails....
128x128phasecorrect
DEVO best predated the 80s, original weird synth pop.
Wall of Voodoo "Call of the West" was a great album, not just the 'Mexican Radio' cut. I also have 'Ring of Fire' live on 12"45.
OK, I am listening now to a pristine version of the Producers self titled debut album, which was a generous gift from a fellow 'Gon-er.

Thanks CajunP, much appreciated.
Yello: One Second, The Race. Art of Noise: In no sense? Non sense! Thomas Dolby: Aliens ate my Buick.
Nice picks! Roxy Music deserves vaulted mention imho, although some might not call it "synth-pop," and none of it is "lost." ;) Also, anyone remember what Ministry sounded like back then? Picking it up just as the 80's closed, Elegant Machinery helped keep the genre alive through the 90's. De/Vision and And One are probably better known, though. In 1994, Lassigue Bendthaus branded itself as "world famous technopop" on the album "Render," although the project remains obscure. ;)

I'm glad I found this thread. There are several bands mentioned I'd never heard of.