The best speaker you ever heard?

In my opinion, the speaker is by far the most important part of the audio system. After all, it is the only part you hear. OK, the other stuff really matters a lot, but without a great speaker... No go.

I am a bit 'speaker-obsessed' I guess, and now I am wondering: What are the best speakers you have ever heard, and what made them the best?
njonker
When this question comes up, my mind always goes back to that day in 1986, when I heard a pair of klipschorns at Flip's Stereo in St. Louis, MO playing Paul Simon's "Graceland" CD...now THAT was an awesome experience! A lot of it had to do with the room, I'm sure, but still, that has to rank as the best sound I've ever heard coming out of a pair of home loudspeakers.
That's easy: YGA Carmel's. With proper electronics and good source equipment these speakers eclipse anything I have heard since 1967. Now , if I can get Yaev to build me a "SE" version of the Carmel's-that would be cool!!!
Vandersteen Model 7, driven by Aesthetix phono/preamp/monoblock amps. Recent demonstration.
The Vivid Audio Giya G2. Heard them at a local reviewer’s house when he had them for a review last year.