Mobile Fidelity Surface Noise

Recently bought my first two MoFis in a few years - 'Sinatra in Paris' and 'The Cars.' Cleaned both on a VPI 16.5 w/ the VPI fluid. Both have an unacceptable level of (the same) background noise - kind of a shushing sound with the occasional tick. Played some other LPs after for comparison, inc. a vintage MoFi and some regular issue stuff. The noise was not there, eliminating a set-up issue. Has anyone else had this problem with the new issues? Is it mold-release compound, or the old saw they used back in the day ('i.e. "MoFi does not de-horn its masters, so you my hear the occasional tick or pop until the record is played a few times..."), or just lousy QC? Disappointing, to say the least.
radiodaddy
Syntax wrote:
"The only real top class reissues are those from Acoustic Sounds."

While I agree many of those are wonderful, I have to say for consistently spectacular sound and high-quality (low-noise) vinyl, the Music Matters Blue Note reissues have been even better. The latest one I just received, and one of the few truly mono ones Music Matters has produced, is Louis Smith's "Smithville." It is jaw dropping.
I have recently bought some reissues from Mobile Fidelity and the sound quality is disappointing. You would think they would do a better job considering their owned by Music Direct. Jim Davis I hope you are reading this.
I've also found them to be hit or miss on the pressing quality. Music Direct has been good about returns. Sometimes the replacement has been better, but a bad pressing run is just that.
This can't be. Don't you read their catalogs. Everything sounds gr-r-r-reat, and is highly recommended.
Rah! Rah! Rah!!!
Do you clean them with Mobile Fidelity fluids? If not - you must. That's the ticket.