Whest P.30R, P.30RDT and P.30RDT SE

Hi guys,
Anybody had any experience on the Whest phonostages? The different levels are priced quite far apart. How different are they? Any other recommendations on solid state stages?
sirotseta
I had the PS 30 R Until december last year ,then got the SE as a Cristmas present,the difference is really huge.
The SE really boogies plus all the ques and hall reverbs,
All facets of the musical construct sound much more realistic,the music really dances.
If your system is up to it,you will only have great pleasure by inserting the SE,IMHO. Obviously.
TAWA.
Just decided to settle on a demo Esoteric E-03. The thing is I have two turns. The Whests have one input and adjusting the load is not as easy. I can then sell my ASR mini basis exclusive to part finance for it. Let's see how it goes and if I'm not happy, I may go for the SE without losing too much money.
I own the PS.30RDT SE as well as a REF MK4 and the load and gain changes are simple! Unless you are changing cartridges every 10 minutes I can't see why you would want to change settings regularly? I've never needed to change settings regularly and often wonder why people make such a fuss. It takes about 1 minute - maybe 1 and a half but not 2 minutes to change settings on the PS.30RDT SE - is that a long time in anyones life??

All you need to do on the Whest units is remove 2 screws underneath the unit and flick a couple of DIP switches.... and that is not easy ???? Am I missing something OR you must be thinking of the older PS.30 chassis where you had to remove the lid with the 9 screws. That was a 4 minute job. It is now 2 screws and a 1 minute job.

I checked out the REF MK4 after reading Dcarol other raving posting, looking at the design over all I have to say it's odd and far from being practical specially at the asking price in comparison to other manufactures offerings out there.

If this unit is actually placed within a rack which I would think most are as mine then you actually have to disconnect all your cables to it, then remove it.

Once removed flip it over and then unscrew and remove the plate which I agree it's self would not take long to do but being located on the bottom of the unit is just strange, you do the switch of the DIP switches and then reverse the whole process.

No way does this take 1 minute or even 5, way more!

Once in place if for some reason you don't like the setting or you are actually comparing then you have to repeat the whole process again, to me this is rediculous and very inconvenient.

This unit is far from being cheap and a far cry from what is suggested above only taking 1 minute to change settings.

Sound, I heard this unit in a unfamiliar well respected set-up, not my own though. I listened to a few pces of music and then it was swapped out for a ROSSNER & SOHN Canofer S phono pre. and I listened to those pces again.

This specific phono Canofer S offers knobs on the front for convience to make changes on the fly, no having to disconect or remove it etc.

Over all sound, I would suggest you add this unit to your list and compare, you will be pleasantly surprised. You can just google ROSSNER & SOHN Canofer S phono pre for more info.

Anyone has listened to the new coming version called "Titan" ?
If yes which kind of improvement I can expect? More low-level information? a better soundstage? more dynamics?
I must decide for a purchase between a 30rdt "Special Edition" or the new upgraded version (going in production now in November but it seems that probably in Britain a few audiophiles had the chance to hear it).
My cartridge it's a Zyx 4d-h.
Any comment would be appreciated
cheers
Marco