Affordable Japanese LOMCs--Recommendations?

What do you have, what do you like, and why do you like it?

Sample Candidates:

Denon DL-103, DL-103R, DL-301 II, DL-304

Audio Technica OC9 ML/II, AT33EV, OC9 ML/III

Other?
johnnyb53
Well, I just replaced my entry-level Cambridge 640P with a tube-driven Jolida JD 9A phono stage. I replaced the stock Chinese 12AX7's with mil-spec NOS Sylvania Gold Tube 5751's equipped with Herbie's Teflon HAL-O tube dampers.

The increased musicality and resolution of this unit shows me that my AT150MLX is even better than I thought. The midrange is very alive and transparent, and it tracks the high frequencies and very high overtones with great speed and aplomb. There was a very noticeable difference on how brushwork sounded on the snare drum and cymbals. So now I think I need to let the system settle in as is for awhile to determine if I really need a new cartridge yet, or if I just needed a better phono stage.

Concerning the cartridges, however, If the DL103R plays some tricks with the frequency response curve (or could it the plastic body resonating?), I'd probably lean toward the 301 II.
Just to update this thread I purchased a Benz Micro Wood SL. It is much quieter in the groove than my 103r ever was and much more acurate. I am not looking back ...

Chuck
Johnny,

I recently purchased a AT33ML/OCC with 200 hours or so from a member. Frankly, it sounds wonderful with excellent detail, neutral mids deep soundstage and good bass response. It has a mid-hall sound I prefer with excellent inner resolution and seems to be a favorite among Japanese audiophiles, I can see why as it seems suited for warm
(not euphonic ) rich tube sound. The cartridge is mounted on an SAEC 308N tonearm/Scheu Premier MkII turntable via a heavily customized Scott 222C. I imagine with SET amps it will perform some nice miracles. One of my audio friends said he thought it sounds better than the Clearaudio Sigma Gold I had previously, I don't know if I agree with that statement as further adjusting and listening is required.

Ramon