Rega P25 w/orig Exact Cart - good? + mV question

Hi everyone, this is my first post and I'm getting the vinyl bug for some reason. So, I found a Rega P25 that has the original Rega Exact cartridge on it from 2001. The problem is that it's an estate situation and no one who is alive knows anything about the turntable, it's use, hours, etc. Obviously the remaining life on the cartridge would affect the value of the item.

How can I possibly tell if the cartridge still has a lot of life left on it or not? The turntable works, plays, and sounds great today and looks like it's been very well cared for.

And, what would you guys be willing to pay for a Rega P25 with an Exact cartridge on it, not knowing anything about the cartridge?

Also, I've been reading about different cartridges having different mV outputs, and so that raises another question. For now, this deck, if I buy it, would be going into a Yamaha RX-V3800 which has a 3.5mV input sensitivity spec and a 60mV maximum input voltage spec. Is this cartridge a good match for my receiver?

Thanks!
smhyde
The Funk Firm Acroplat platter is amazing! It's not as heavy as the OEM glass platter or the Sheer Audio platter, but sounds incredible.

I agree with NOT bothering with the original glass platter.

Those extras, (to me) would be worth the extra $100 from your $700 offer. $800 is a pretty good deal for this table with the extras.

I have a fully blown, upgraded out the butt P25 and LOVE it. I have done every mod/upgrade available to mine and will never sell it. It really is an excellent table.
Thanks everyone for your help!

I brought the table home today and think I got a good deal! And the original glass platter was there after all. It was just hidden under another platter and I didnt see it at first.

I ended up paying $750 for the Rega 25 (with Glass Platter), Exact cartridge, Funk Acromat, Sheer Audio Platter, a Ringmat, JA Mitchell Solid Anodized Aluminum Record Clamp, and a Tranquility Base 1 (which I can't find any info on, but it's nice). I got all the paperwork and original receipts for everything (no boxes unforuntately but I can't gripe at $750).

I think I did pretty darned good!!!! I'm stoked to get it hooked up -- hopefully my Sunday project.

The cartrige install protracter is missing and so is the original felt mat.

Since I got the Ringmat, do I need the felt mat or is the Ringmat a suitable replacement? The Ringmat isn't as large as an LP so I don't know if I really like it. Is the Ringmat a good enough barrier between the platter and records??? I'm thinking I'll order a new felt mat.
There is a fellow on Audiocircle, 'Wayner' who makes a very nice set-up guide and protractor. It's made of laminated card stock and is quite inexpensive. It's far superior to the simple grid that comes with the TT. Check it out.
You can download either a Stevenson, or a Von Baerwald Rega protractor from the vinyl engine for free.

Since you have all of this stuff, why not try the glass platter with the Ringmat and compare that to the Sheer Audio or either with the Acromat? Seems simple.
You got a great deal, congrats. Just as a FYI - the acrylic platters are designed to be used without a mat.