Turntable interconnect

I do not know much about analog I am currently using an interconnect without a ground. There is no hum. Should I spend the money and get a regular phono cable with a ground. Have a VPI Classic and Nova Phonomena phonostage. Any advice greatly appreciated.
128x128needfreestuff
Not kidding at all. I compared the same wire with and without shielding, and indeed the shielded wire always had a closed in sound compared to the unshielded.
Thats interesting, my experience is the complete opposite with shielded wire always sounding better and actually the better the shielding the better the sound. I guess its system dependent.
..like everything else. I used to make cable and sold it in New Jersey, New York, et al. We were always testing formulations to provide the best that we could for our customers. Sometimes, one absolutely must have shielded cables or some noise, rf, etc., will sneak in. If you need shielded cables, then you need it....however, that same cable without shield will provide a more open sound without the shield, if it can work in your system.
I dont doubt that was your experience. I too have a professional background with cable. While you may have that impression, the statement "that same cable without shield will provide a more open sound without the shield," will not be true for all listeners or systems and in fact in over 40yrs of involvement with home and pro audio Ive never heard that statement before.