Is the Adcom GTP-750 any good?

Hello all, I am new to the site and looking for a little assistance. I have come across a new GTP-750 from a trusted source for $550. This is my first pre, and while I don't have a lot of cash sitting around, I do not want to buy something I will regret. If anyone has any experience with this unit or any knowledge I would appreciate the advice.
Thanks, Matt
mtalk
i think abe was talking about the gFp-750, not the gTp-750. the gfp is the two-channel preamp that goes for ~$1300 and was stereophile class A. the gtp is, as mentioned, their home theater pre/pro.
Settle down there Mikey boy! Abe made an honest mistake. Besides, if anyone was in error it was Mtalk for posting an HT question in the amps and preamps discussion group. He should be asking his question in the "Home Theater" discussion area. So ease up, pal! We're all here to help eachother....right??
I have a GTP-750. I am getting a HUM for some reason when I hook up the ADCOM 5800... I know it is not the amp because I did a test my tech. told me to do.
So with said has any body gotten a HUM from using the ADCOM GTP 750?
I will read your comments...
Thanks;
Phil
The GTP-740, 750 and 760 have a nasty little problem burning up the rectifiers. I have replaced all of the rectifiers on my 740 (I believe there were four of them) on the power supply boards and it worked perfectly (sold it off) - no hum and gets rid of the irritating dim display problem too...

I just bought a GFP-750 (easy to remember - GFP as in Great Frickin' Preamp) since it is a Nelson Pass Designed Balance pre, very much like the Aleph P...
Hi John,
  Can you tell me the rectifier parts you used to replace the GTP 740 burnout sections?