audiophilleo 2

Would the audiophilleo 2 be a huge difference in sound quality compared to the highface. Using mac mini, ee minimax dac.
128x128tbcatjr
Hi,
Been using a Xonar Essence STX in a homemade PC based server for a while via SPDIF, using High Fidelity CT1-E digital cable to connect to my LampizatOr L4 DAC, I was always aware of a hardness on vocals, it didn't matter what I did elsewhere in my system to try and remedy this glassy and hard/nasal coloration/distortion, so I took the plunge, I bought a Audiophilleo2 with PurePower, wow, bingo, not just did the midband flesh-out, the whole sound came together in ways I never thought possible considering the limitations of digital (vs analog), for the first time, the A2 + PP is making the LampizatOr sing, my sound is genuinely reminiscent of my best memories I have of the days of analog, minus the pops and all! If you’re looking to get closer to the master tape or analog’ness, look no further, the Audiophilleo will blow your socks off. It is grain-free, open, clear, has a dash of warmth through the mids without clouding resolution and goes deep in the bass with top-end that is beautifully integrated through the mids. I am using WireWorld Ultraviolet USB cable between my server and A2, I am so excited that I now ordered the Acoustic Revive USB-1.0sp to take my system to the next level.
The AP can also be improved by using Connectronics brand BNC / RCA adapters in lieu of those provided with the AP unit. They sound much better and a very inexpensive purchase from Markertek.

I also found a good coax sounds better than direct connection to the DAC. I use the BlackCat Silverstar.
The AP with Purepower upgrade is another subtle but noticeable improvement but again it all depends on your particular setup.

I ditched my Silverstar cable and went with the Direct Connection as I subscribe to the best cable is no cable school of thought. But the biggest wow moment I had was when I ditched my passive preamp and went direct connect from my DAC to the amp. My older recordings came so much more alive. I now use the Audirvana volume control. I figure just as in the no cable scenario, one less box to color the sound is another good deduction.