Timeline Calculator

I just made a calculator in Excel for the Sutherland Timeline. You enter the distance to the wall and the laser deviation per revolution and it gives you the circumference of the virtual circle that the laser travels, the speed error of your platter in percent, the RPM your platter is off by, and the actual RPM of your platter. It can also tell you how many Hz a given frequency is off by.

Let me know if you would like to try it out!
ketchup
The Timeline appears to be a very accurate and precise instrument. Perhaps too accurate for measuring turntable speed as you may be chasing an impossible standard. Once you dial in your table for perfect speed, is the speed accuracy repeatable and constant over a period time when taking in consideration temperature changes, power changes, humidity changes etc. Is the Timeline a cure or a curse?

PS- Ketchup, nice work on the calculator
I forgot to mention that if anyone wants the calculator, send me an email through Audiogon and I'll attach the file to my response.
Halcro,

Just measure from the spindle to where the mark hits the wall and the calculator should get you very close. I don't believe that the beam needs to be exactly perpendicular to the wall for this to work well enough. However, the accuracy of the data input into the calculator is important. Try to measure as accurately as possible as that's going to be the source of the most error.
George , I see to, I then clicked on several names and the same issue with everyone that I clicked on, nothing provided for private contact.