Lyra Delos vs. Kleos?

I picked up a Delos to use as backup for a few months and I'm very impressed so far. Was wondering if any one has heard it and the Kleos and can tell what might be gained in the upgrade? Thanks.
tom_hankins
Sonically the Kleos is a downgrade but you won't notice it because you spent more money and your brain expect a better performance. Kleos is a good choice for a very analytic, thin, harsh sounding analog rig or for average Phonostages which can't show big differences. It is smooth and has a very soft high frequency area. It is also silent in the grooves. Great for noisy Reissues.
Delos is better for someone who is looking for real Performance with a very good analog System. Normally it should be sold for 6k and the Kleos for 1.5k.
That's high End.
But don't be confused, you will get a lot of confirmations from happy Kleos owners who think it is a great cartridge :-).
Lyra has some outstanding ones (or had), but not each one is among them.

Lyra Kleos in action

Dear Tom:

Both the Delos and Kleos are "New Angle" cartridges, in which the signal coils are accurately aligned to the magnetic system when vertical tracking force is applied, and this technology is the basis for why they sound and perform better than competing cartridges at similar price points.

Compared to the Kleos, the Delos has a somewhat higher output signal which may help some phono stages, but that is the extent of its advantages over the Kleos.

The Kleos has less wire in the coils (and therefore lighter and more responsive coils), more intimate bonding of the stylus to the cantilever (which conveys the vibrations of the LP groove more faithfully to the signal coils), a stiffer body which is also less resonant, and tighter bonding between the cartridge and tonearm headshell.

Both are good-sounding cartridges, but IME (and according to most users, dealers and reviewers that I have heard from), the Kleos sounds considerably better. In some areas, in fact, I prefer the sound of the Kleos over the Titan i (a more natural top end, and less background noise).

OTOH, every listener is free to choose the sound that he likes best - when it comes to subjective tastes, there is no right or wrong.

kind regards, jonathan
Having upgraded from a Delos, I am one of those "happy Kleos owners who think it is a great cartridge."

Syntax's system is beyond belief, so perhaps it, and his ears, reveal things few other systems would. Note that he has a Lyra Olympos.
Thanks for the help. I will try get my hands on the Kleos and compare it to the delos and then both with my XV-1s in my system.
Like the Delos quite a bit.
I too started with a Delos but my dealer allowed me to upgrade to the Kleos and after about 4 weeks with the Delos it was a superb performer but the Kleos is better. I feel that extracts more information to the extent that I have been amazed at how much information is contained in those grooves. But once it is extracted with archeilogical precison it then converts it to music in the most natural tonality I could hope for. The differnce between the two is quite large in that they both are wonderful cartridges and the Delos is a destination in it's self, the Kleos is just a much more musical and enjoyable journey. I look back as I spent money I really couldn't or shouldn't have invested at the time for economic reasons, but now about 8 months later, I can only say it was worth it.