Lyra Delos vs. Kleos?

I picked up a Delos to use as backup for a few months and I'm very impressed so far. Was wondering if any one has heard it and the Kleos and can tell what might be gained in the upgrade? Thanks.
tom_hankins
Thom, I notice you have the xv-1s.

Compared to this cartridge, yes the Kleos is less extended in the upper frequencies. The xv-1 has more upper frequency air, and bass impact. Most other aspects of the Kleos is sota, especially in the midrange and quietness.

Whether or not you or anyone will see this aspect of the Kleos and advantage or disadvantage will depend on the tonal qualities of your sysem I would suspect.
Syntax, (or anyone else with direct experience) how would you describe the midrange qualities of the Delos vs. the Kleos? Is one tonally different from the other? thanks
Tom, I would not define the highs as neither soft or bright but as natural as I would expect them to be. I really feel this cartridge has a knack for presenting a true and accurate timbre from top to bottom. To say soft, bright, warm or cool is applying margins where none exist. In my opinion of course. I have had catridges that are bright or harsh and some that are bland or mushy. To me the Lyra house sound is true to voice, as I imagine it to be, since I was not in the studio. I just think the Kleos exemplifies the best qualities of that Lyra sound at a price that could easily be 1000.00 more.
Really enjoying the Delos. Something special going on with this cartridge in my system. have not even put the XV-1s back on and will probably sell it and put some money into my table. I will try the Kleos down the road, but right now I dont feel the need to change out the Delos.
Tom_hankins, nice to hear that the Delos is working so well for you. I also have found an excellent cart for my system, in the Emt Tsd-15 . I have been in search of other fine cartridges in the $1500-2K range. Was hoping if you could answer a basic question about going from D-V to the Delos. I have no experience with the Lyra's, but haven't considered them, because they are said to have a dead nuts neutral type sound. Do you consider the Delos to have a bit more body, than your D-V in general. The Tsd-15 was basically a wake up call for me. It showed me that a 2K cartridge, when properly matched, can be quite good.