VPI SDS speed issue

I am having trouble with a consistent speed on my Aries 2 two pulley setup. I find I have to at times set the frequency to almost 66 to get it spot on. At other times it may be at 63. I read somewhere about the voltage preset may need adjusting. How is that done or is there something else I should be looking to adjust? The motor stas at 115, shifts to about 84after warm And then maysettle down to about 72 Hz. Any help?
drpat
Have you checked the consistency of your voltage from the wall? Does it vary a lot?

You may find plugging the SDS into a power conditioner helps stabilize it.
Go to the VPI website and download the SDS calibration manual. If your SDS goes from 115v => 84v => 72v then something is wrong because the SDS is only programmable for a single step down voltage i.e. 115v => 72v. The step down voltage can be programmed by the user. Depending on the age of your SDS, the factory default is set at either 72v or 84v. Try recalibrating your SDS and report back.
There is a PDF file on VPI's website on how to access the calibration mode on the VPI SDS. This file was not included with the standard issue owner's manual.

But, to me, it sounds like you have some sort of problem with your Unit?

Yes, the SDS should initially start up upon turn on to 115VAC, then drop to a selected lower voltage, and the factory default setting was said to be 72V. Then it should stay at that prescribed lower voltage setting, and not change while the unit is in use.

Not until it is then shut off, and turned on again, will it again go through the same process I mention above.

I'd definitely get ahold of the folks at VPI, and describe your problem. I'm not knowledgeable enough to troubleshoot your problem, which could be a fault with the SDS itself, or perhaps some other problem, such as a wiring, or Capacitor problem with your Aries Table?
Mark