VPI Customer Service

Recently ruined one of my self adhesive strips in my VPI stainless steel clamp. Called VPI on a tuesday and on friday received 5 strips in the mail. Its very refreshing to see a company still producing excellent customer service and the service was without charge. Want to extend my best to the crew at VPI for their excellent and expeditious work.
128x128needfreestuff
Stewart,
First of all, congratulations on your Classic 3. It will provide you with much satisfaction and enjoyment for years to come.

Now, to the best of my knowledge, VPI does not sell direct so I'm a bit unclear what you mean by saying your Classic "came" today. VPI sells their products through a network of dealers so your question should be directed at the dealer you got your Classic from before we talk about VPI customer service.
Stewart,
I have a Classic 3, this is what I recall. Mine was packed with both the ring and the center weight.
Some suggestions:
1. There are 2 boxes, one for the platter, ring, weight, etc. and the other for the Turntable.
2. If I remember correctly the serial numbers on the boxes should match. Check that they match, maybe you got a Classic 1 platter box with a Classic 3 turntable box accidentally.
3. If they match, check the packing material, does it have all the indentations for the ring and weight? Maybe it was a packing error. Did you get the Classic 3 center weight? or the Classic 1 (black) screw down clamp? with rubber spindle washer?
There is no VPI dealer in my state so I bought it from the nearest VPI dealer in an adjoining state who set it up with a Lyra Kleos and shipped it to me. I have asked the dealer and he is checking. Not really a customer svc. matter as of yet, I just want to know if anyone was aware of a change re: VPI including the ring with the C3.
just checked boxes. serial number on big box, no serial on platter box. the clamp is the hrx clamp but it was packed in the big box with the misc items on top. there is no room in the packing of the small box where any other item could have fit. I upgraded from a c1 and this platter seems a lot more "chromed" than my old one, maybe they all are that way now....anyway, my dealer is asking Monday, I'm sure it's just that I got a C1 platter with a C3 table....
VPI has absolutely top notch customer service...as does Ayre and Vandersteen. I bought these brands because of their customer service and the performance of their products. I have been very happy with both of these criteria from these companies.