Best Clapton and Davis CD?

I'd like to get one Eric Clapton and one Miles Davis CD. Looking for great music quality and sonics. Please recommend one for each artist. Thanks!
audire
Can anyone give an honest review of the Layla Remaster vs Layla Orginal. Like I say, I believe the Orginals to have a more unified sound. Remasters sound like a "re-mix" to me, thus I don't get the same emotions from the remaster as I do from Orginals. I belive someone has a thread about this subject??? I'm gonna try to look it up.
You can't have just one Miles, but you should probably start with Kind of Blue. If that seems rather tame to you, go forward to the second quintet (Shorter/Hancock/Carter/Williams). My favorite is ESP. If Blue isn't traditional enough for you, go back to the first quintet (Coltrane/Garland/Chambers/Jones). Cookin' and Relaxin' are my faves.

As for Clapton, there is only one place to start: John Mayall's Bluesbreakers with Eric Clapton.
I might be in the minority here...but "Kind of Blue" in regards to recording quality is not that great and vastly overated IMHO...I have the 20 bit remaster and the SACD...the horns are recorded a bit "hot" and distort from time to time...it is an incredible performance though...Miles' career is both brilliant and erratic...the 2 disc "essential" Miles Davis would be a good starting point...