Calling all owners - Jasmine LP 2.0 MKII

I've got about 4 full day's use on mine but do not like what I hear.

Question: How dramatically does this phono preamp change throughout break-in?

I hear distortion (spittiness and splashy bass as if it is running out of power) and a flat soundstage.

I am using the stock power cord and umbilical.

I compared it to my other three phono preamps - Hagerman Bugle, V-LPS, Biotronics Control Systems Gestalt (outstanding and extremely rare). They all are much clearer and cleaner.

It must be mentioned that I requested the Ebay seller to provide a reduction in global gain since I have loads of it with my Project Sunrise II headphone amp. They added a switch on the rear that cuts gain by about 5 dB.
roth_s
I have the Jasmine LP SE and it is an excellent phono-stage. I use it with a Denon DLS1. Mine has none of the characteristics that you describe.

Mine has a huge sound stage and fine reproduction of intricate sound.
The sound will change dramatically with time. I left mine on for over two months straight after purchase. After more than 50 hrs of playing time, I noticed a huge difference. I own the 2.0 mk II. Next step up is a new power cord.
Thank you Audiogabby for answering my question. I needed to know what other owners have experienced through the break in period.

I am sure I will upgrade the power cord and maybe the umbilical over time.

Comforting to hear owners are thrilled with the Jasmine. I also have a very rare Biotronics Control Systems Gestalt phono preamp. It betters the Jasmine so far.
I got mine last week also, and it sounds fantastic. I owned a Nighthawk but suspected there was more available from my Skala. I ordered Bob's Devices Blue Cinemag which will be here Monday (Thanks for getting it out, Bob!). I am totally stoked about vinyl again since getting the Jasmine. It is like a "musical microscope". Very detailed, still musical. Also more revealing of impedance changes than the Nighthawk was. Not knocking the NH, I really did like it, but I like this even more.
I also have the Jasmine LP2.0MKII. No problems the last 6 mo. at all, sounds mighty fine too. I had been through quite a few Phono Pre's. This replaced a Musical Surroundings Nova also a very good Phono. I had ran a Denon DL103R on the MC High gain side of the Jasmine and it worked quite well.
It's a nice sounding nicely made piece. I am currently playing with a Monolithic PA1 and HCb Phono. Enjoying this one too.