Calling all owners - Jasmine LP 2.0 MKII

I've got about 4 full day's use on mine but do not like what I hear.

Question: How dramatically does this phono preamp change throughout break-in?

I hear distortion (spittiness and splashy bass as if it is running out of power) and a flat soundstage.

I am using the stock power cord and umbilical.

I compared it to my other three phono preamps - Hagerman Bugle, V-LPS, Biotronics Control Systems Gestalt (outstanding and extremely rare). They all are much clearer and cleaner.

It must be mentioned that I requested the Ebay seller to provide a reduction in global gain since I have loads of it with my Project Sunrise II headphone amp. They added a switch on the rear that cuts gain by about 5 dB.
roth_s
Jaspert, can you provide specifics on the modification to the power supply? If the result was an improvement, I would like to do the same.
@Jaspert, does one have to have a reverse RIAA filter to break in the jasmine or can one run a tuner right into the Jasmine MM inputs?
Can someone measure the actual voltage out from the power supply unit? I am still running into troubles and I believe the 21.8V I measure may be a contributing factor. I've had to replace the entire phono main board due to a failed MC section left channel. Long story. So I have yet to replace caps, etc.

I have been having troubles from day one, as seen from my earlier posts. The issues I thought were caused by other things may have been the Jasmine all along.
BTW, I put a new Vincent Pho-8 up against a new Pro-ject phono tube box II (my demo one was replaced under factory warranty after 1 channel got noisy) this weekend. The Pro-ject won out with better sound stage, realistic instrument sound and just overall more musical. I hope to upgrade the wall wart for the Pro-ject tube box. Would this one be a higher quality less noisy power supply?:

http://www.powerstream.com/EA1050.htm
EA1050A-61 16V 4A 5.5x2.5x11mm $57.50

Thanks everyone,

Scott
Got a LP 2 mkII today. Was you user manual photo copied? Mind says Salience instead of Jasmine in blue. What does that mean?