cd-r music for blanks

just bought a cd player recorder to put some lp's on cd and would like to know if there are any recommended cd-r music blanks to purchase and of course brands to stay away from
bianchi27
My comments above were with music CDR's, 1-4x speed. Never any problems with them.
I have used and read about other's experience with cd-rs pretty extensively. My opinion and what my reading on the topic tells me is that MAM-A and Taiyo Yuden made in Japan (ask before you order and the wrapping will say Made In Japan) are top quality music cd-rs.

I don't think that Fujifilm makes music cd-rs and other brands like Sony, Maxell and Memorex are considered second tier brands. You may never have a problem with bad discs or longevity with them but they are not considered to be the same quality as MAM-A or TY by hard core cd-r users.

There are probably other music cd-rs that are as good as my top two but I am not aware of them.
One more thing Bianchi, Keep your cd-rs out of the light. Not just direct sunlight but even ambient light in your home. Exposure to light will render your cd-rs unplayable over time.

Bags Unlimited has all the music storage items you will ever need. I buy cardboard boxes that are made for storing cds and cd-rs. Whatever you buy for storage it must be opaque.
"08-23-14: Chazro
I've settled into buying Sony from Ebay. 12-13 bucks for a pack of 50. Different vendors sell the same product at wildly different prices so it's to compare before you commit!"

He's right. I've used thousands of blank cd-r's and noticed that there are not too many companies that actually make them. The easiest way to tell is to look at the country of origin. Taiwan is the most popular, and if you look at any cd-r's made there, they're all identical, regardless of brand. Same thing with other countries and blank DVD's.