The best speaker you ever heard?

In my opinion, the speaker is by far the most important part of the audio system. After all, it is the only part you hear. OK, the other stuff really matters a lot, but without a great speaker... No go.

I am a bit 'speaker-obsessed' I guess, and now I am wondering: What are the best speakers you have ever heard, and what made them the best?
njonker
What's comical about this 13 year thread is that EVERY speaker mentioned can also be one of the WORST speakers ever heard with improper associated gear.

Forget about front-end source electronics or even the preamp. Just the amplifier alone could totally change the performance of every speaker mentioned.

Oh...and don't forget the room and speaker setup too.

The best sound I ever heard came from a Naim/Dynaudio Evidence Temptation setup at a Stereophile show probably 10+ years ago. It was in a huge meeting room - not typical hotel room - which gave it a huge advantage. In a typical hotel room, it probably wouldn't have even ranked in the top 10 I heard that one day many years ago.

A thread that lists the "best speaker you ever heard" will attract attention...I get that...but you can tell a true audiophile by the ones that give context versus scribbling their Twitter-level two-cents.
No, for the time being I live in Europe. Will try and have a listen to the Vandy Ct line from a dealer not far from where im located. Thanks for the info:)
Lab, I think most of us realize how important everything is. I have disliked Vandy's in the past and went with Proac. It was totall about set up and gear. That's how owners can sell gear. I've had a few threads going or posting about the room and system approach. Going through that on the SKY cable thread. I think this thread is all about the best you've heard, not the best speaker. Two different things. What's wrong with folks adding their Twitter-level two cents? It's an opinion board right? Audio is only about opinion. Any of us who are serious about this and have been in it for over 40 years fully get that the best we've heard has also sounded like crap too. I personally dislike all Wilson speakers I've heard. I've heard them with Spectral, Krell, Levinson, Jadis, Ayre, Quicks and plenty of other electronics, front ends and if so many rooms that were 'set up' to be great rooms. They just don't do it for me and never have. That said, there are thousands of audiophile who have heard them and loved them. Marketing plays a huge role in things too as we are often told what to and not to listen for. Room power is also important right? yes, we all are having fun sharing and that's why this thread is so old.