Cartridge Recommendations

I have a VPI Scout with a ZU/Denon DL103 mc cartridge. I am getting a new preamp that doesn't have provisions for a low output mc cartridge. I want to replace the cartridge with either a high output mc cartridge or a moving iron/magnet cartridge for less than 500.00 retail (new). I like the sound of my present cartridge as it plays all my old records well and rock sounds great with it.

Keeping all this in mind, I am open to suggestions to a cartridge that will work well with the JMW9 arm.

Thanks
128x128stereo5
I bought a Denon AU-320 SUT off of Audiogon for under 300.00 today. After reading everyones opinions, I decided this would be the way to go. The built in output cable also saves me money on yet another cable. I will report back once I have used it in my system for a couple of weeks. I am under the impression that the 40 ohm setting would be best. Any comments pro or con?

Bob
Bob,

I have both a Denon AU-300 and a Denon AU-320 in my collection. I didn't recommend either because your budget was more than these sell for. The AU-320 will work just fine. I really do think the Bob's Device SUT and/or the Silvercore SUT are better sounding, but are more money. You should be fine.
I use the soundsmith Carmen and have thoroughly enjoyed it. Mike from VPI mentioned using iit on a Scout in a recent post as well. I currently have it on my Classic. .