Empire EDR9 users: Need advice

Since yesterday, I am also on the Empire club. Just received my NOS EDR9 cartridge. Needless to say I was inspired by Raul's thread. Unfortunately I dont have a phonostage to support 100 kohm loading impedance, mine is standard at 47 kohm. I am tracking at the recommended 1.5 grams. I have set the phonostage gain for 5mv. Am I doing okay with all these settings ?

What is the break-in period for this cartridge (it was bought NOS) ? Currently it sounds nice but closed-in.
pani
Dear Pani: Well, through the years Empire marketed several cartridges in different cartridge series on each one of those series exist very good performers, one of them is the 4000D3 that's an older model than the EDR.9 but is really good.

You can read something on that cartridge here:

http://forum.audiogon.com/cgi-bin/fr.pl?ranlg&1275323834

Regards and enjoy the music,
R.
Thanks a lot Raul.
Have you tried comparing these vintage MM carts to the new age Ortofon 2M Black or Clearaudio Virtuso ?
Hello Pani, here is a link to Raul's review of the Virtuoso, found in the review section.

Virtuoso review

Regards,
Jim
I can't believe you haven't tried the Benz LPS.....the best cartridge I have ever heard.
Hello Pani, Is the Empire EDR9 sounding better, or still closed in? I have not heard that particular Empire.

Another very good Empire is the 1000ze/x. I got mine for around $150 from a Balkan friend ;^) . The Empire 4000dlll can be found every now and then for $300 to $400 but getting more expensive due to its well deserved reputation.

Good luck,