Zesto Andros PS-1 Tubes

I'm curious to know if anyone has tried NOS tubes and if so what were your results?

Thanks.
128x128jtwrace
I put some UK mullard tubes to replace JJ input tubes and found presentation bigger warmer and more musical.

I did not have additional two for output tubes but will get some more and perhaps some Raytheon and amperex gloves to try.

I have the Orotfon MCA90 cartridge so it's very revealing and fast transients so seems to prefer tubes with fatter midrange
I know have 4 mullard tubes and sounds better still. Might want to try some Amperex or Raytheon. any thoughts?
I lived with the stock tubes for quite a while and was very happy. I only swapped them out when I was chasing some noise gremlins (which turned out to be a preamp tube).

I started with a set of Tungsram-Austria labeled 12AX7's and a set of Telefunken ribbed-plates. Not bad, but seemed to be lacking something....maybe too much of a good thing. I swapped a in set of Mullard M8137's in the front positions since I was familiar with them and put the Teles in the back. This was a good pairing and one that I could live with - balanced without overemphasizing any particular frequency band.

I recently swapped out the front pair of Mullards with some GE 5751 TMBP that were a favorite in the buffer spots of my Minimax. Still plenty of MC gain using a DL103R. Probably a bit more focus.

I'd like to know the tube layout/function for each position. I'm assuming the front spots are the input tubes and the rears are the buffers. One reviewer mentioned swapping only one of the stock JJ's with a Mullard, so........
A co-worker replaced his stock tubes with Psvane Treasure high grade tubes - he is very pleased with htem.
A co-worker replaced his stock tubes with Psvane Treasure high grade tubes (Grant Fidelity)- he is very pleased with them.