VPI JMW Jig Question

The JMW jig I got with my Classic arm has an adjustable length. How do I know if my jig is set to the proper length? You would think that VPI would make a scale on the jig for their various 10 to 10 1/2 inch arms.
testpilot
Here what I usually do:

Take your arm off the unipivot point. Place the jig over the spindle on your platter. Loosen the screws on the jig so that the V-shaped end can be pushed up against the side of the unipivot cup and tighten the screws back down. Place the arm back on the unipivot point and adjust your cartridge so that the stylus is on the small point of the jig and the front face of the cartridge is parallel to the lines on the jig. This is from memory and I don't have my jig in front of me so I hope I didn't confuse you more.
I want to use the jig to mount the arm on a new table, therefore, I need the jig to set the proper spindle to pivot distance.
Actually, although the VPI jig works, the MINT protractor is more accurate and therefore better.
Oh, I see. I don't think the jig can be used for that function per se. If it can, it'll be tedious. The jig is more usual for setting up a cartridge on a VPI table with pre-drilled/pre-attached tonearm. I know on my JMW-10.5i tonearm (the one with VTA tower), the spindle to pivot distance is 256mm. I'm not certain what it is on the JMW-10.5SE that came with the Classic 1 table though. Good luck.

Kevin T
Yes, second to the Mint LP protractor. Much more precise and accurate on my VPI SSM, makes audible improvement.