Used/New Phono Preamp for Linn LP12 and Benz Micro

I am piecing back a system after a divorce years ago and just started buying up used gear. I have a McCormack Line Drive that I am re-wiring and likely replacing the pot with a stepped attenuator. I purchased a pair of Totem Hawk speakers and have not settled on an amplifier but am leaning towards a Threshold or BAT VK-60. I am looking for a nice, but reasonably priced phono preamp in the $500 range, used or new. The deck is an early 80's Linn Sondek LP12 with Ittok LVII Mk. I with Benz Micro Glider SL .4mV low-output. I am not sure what the get, no real thoughts, tube or SS would be fine, battery powered, even better. Also - anyone have thoughts on a batter powered amplifier? My power in my condo is poor at best and I would rather invest in a batter (or series of batteries) to power an amplifier, even Class-D, kit or Chinese of the quality and sound if well above average and the price is under $1k.

Thank you in advance - D
analog_source
Thank you for the input. I am 99% vinyl, in fact I do not own a CDP any longer. I had a beautiful Arcam Alpha 9 that was as close to analog as I have heard in a CDP for less than $5k.

As for music, I listen mainly to jazz, singer/songwriters and blues. I have a chance to buy an older B&K SP-120 amplifier (I like the mosfet sound) and rebuild it with new electronics. The amp is $150 from a friend at work and I think about $500 in new parts should net the results I am looking for in an amplifier, and for less than I was going to spend.

So, if I up the price to $1k or less, what would you suggest?

I also noticed my grammar/spelling in my original post was atrocious! Never type while tired!

D
I really like my Pro-ject phono tube box II and you could go the SE route if you needed the extra settings. I've put it against the Vincent Pho-8 and the Pro-ject was much more musical with a wide and deep sound stage. Sounds like people like the Jolida tube phono preamp for similar reasons and you can tube roll either. I have never had any phono / ground loop hum with the Pro-ject phono and is very quiet except for some tube rush at an extremely volume knob setting that I would never actually listen to music at. My analog dealer really likes the Benz (Ace) / Pro-ject combination on Xpression III tables with the phono tube box II.
I owned the Phono Tube Box II before and loved it. I forgot about it until you mentioned it! It was a GREAT preamp with my Rega P3, Rogue Cronus and Paradigm Studio 20's v3.

I decided on a battery powered Ray Samuels Nighthawk preamp and found one on eBay for $625. Expensive for a used piece of kit, but less than the $800 new.

Thank you for the advice - the Pro-Ject is one helluva preamp for the price.

D
A used Linto is a great bargain. I had a Project Tube Box 2 and the Linto is much better, IMO. Plus, the lack of loading switches makes it much easier to use - just set it up and listen.