What is approx. percentage of your total

record collection do you actually listen to? I am particularly interested in those with collections numbering in the thousands.
hiendmuse
Audiofeil, that's humorous. It's like saying "I've got a drawer full of silverware, but I use always use the same fork."
I kind of get into rotations of groups of LP's and those are on a separate shelf. I would say that my "rotations" are usually 50 or so at a time.
Maybe over the course of the year, I actually listen to about 1,000 or so different records.
I have about 2500 CDs or digital files and I probably do most of my listening to only about 20% on a regular basis, but its nice to have the variety when you want that other weird 5%
i had 12K or 13K Lps total a couple years ago; now i'm around 10k Lps. i culled the herd of fluf and crud that came with a few collections i acquired.

there are approx 3k Lps upstairs in the rec room that are somewhat organized but not cleaned or listened to.

i have approx 5k Lps in-room and right outside in the hallway that i consider my 'A' records, then another 2000 records down the hallway that are my 'B' records and dups.

of the 5000 'A' Lps that are close at hand, cleaned and organized; i would estimate that half of them are continually actively played, the other half i stumble onto from time to time and play. certainly there is a subset of 100-200 Lps that are test records that i do pull out when i'm listening critically that likely get the most play. hopefully my percentage of time listening critically is minimal.

occasionally i will grab 15-20 Lps off the shelf and simply play then consecutively as a change of pace. i get re-acquainted with 'old friends'.

when i have new Lps (or new to me) they mostly go to the head of the line for awhile after cleaning.