TRIP TO TORONTO. WHAT TO DO...

The thing is that I will be visiting my son who is studying at the University of Toronto next Easter week.

My interests when visiting a new city -apart from blues and rock music shows- are:

1.- Contemporary architecture;

2.- Discovering places and neighborhoods not mentioned on tourist guides;

3.- One day trip to towns around the main city;

4.- Local "cuisine" as there´s an Spanish cuisine. Not meaning "hi-end cuisine" a la Ferrán Adriá. This trend seems to me like 70s progressive music -how to get the more complicated pentatonic scale-. Let´s keep it simple;

5.- Eating on the cheap. I mean affordable prices. Not breaking the bank;

6.- Drinking undiscovered beers and/or unexpected wines

7.- Bookstores (if they still exists); CD stores -if they still exist- and why not -the vice strikes again- audio stores -if they still exist-;

I´m open to your suggestions.

Thank you all.

Daniel
jesusa0
would hate Pittsburgh that much. Pittsburgh has several times been rated the country's most livable city. We have black squirrels here, too.

I haven't been to Toronto in a while... Is Phantom of the Opera still playing?
I'm flying to Toronto in a few weeks to do a turntable setup and alignment for a customer. It has a great diversity of restaurants, friendly people, and good roadways, not to mention a Timmy's on just about every corner and certainly at every exit along the 401. I will also be visiting Kingston and Ottawa. Haven't been to Kingston before, but Ottawa is pretty remarkable.
Essential. There's a ton of pubs and restaurants in Kingston, all in the old town by the water. There's also some great small venues for live music down there. I actually saw Dan Akroyd at a small blues bar on Princess Street one summer. If you stay in the old town, you won't have to drive anywhere. If you like fish n chips try The Pilot House. My favorite fine dining is Casa Domenico. Chez Piggy is great for lunch. Kingston Brewery, Tir Nan Og, and The Toucan are great places to have a beer and hang out with the locals. Morrisons is a good place for a traditional breakfast or try Pan Chanco Bakery for a more creative breakfast or lunch.