How can I tell what version of an LP is best ?

After 27 years I am coming back to vinyl . Should've never left !
Anyway , I would like to know if there is some kind of rating service , web site etc. that rates the different LP pressings. When I left , most everything was just the original cut . Now I see remasters , UK versions , Japanese versions and etc. I have some original albums that are just sublime and some that are , well not so much . I have heard three different versions of a Doors
CD that were all bad quality .
Does such a service exist ?

Thank You
saki70
Just wanted to report back...
I took the suggestions and went to the links as well as subsequent ones listed there . They did do exactly what I was looking for . They listed the best , and often 2nd and 3rd best , copies of popular LP's . They also went so far as to list the bad copies !
Unfortunatly , I am not the only one seeking this info ! Trying to locate one of these primo copies is quite difficult if not impossible . And when one is available , it can be priced into the stratosphere !
So I guess the best deal is to just try to find a disk that is in as good of shape as possible .

Thank you for all of your help .
Or you can ask Tom Port. He rates the Lp's and sells them ---> Hot Stamper
Saki70 said: "Unfortunatly , I am not the only one seeking this info ! Trying to locate one of these primo copies is quite difficult if not impossible . And when one is available , it can be priced into the stratosphere !"

This is exactly why I am not a "collector." I refuse to pay ridiculous prices. Am I missing out on some really good sounding recordings? Probably. But almost always, there is a cheaper pressing available of the same exact recording, so one does not have to miss a great performance, and IMO, that is MUCH more important. And many times you can find them at reasonable prices, so it is good to be aware of which ones are the best.
Why is someone's opinion of record quality anymore valid than someone's opinion about a component's sound quality? Does anyone really take Stereophile's class A/B/C/D grading seriously? A record gradings more accurate/serious?

I've run out of questions.