Marble or Granite shelfs in a hifi rack?

Im planning to make a simple HIFIrack with marble or Granite shelfs and halfsize bricks in betwheen Is this a good idea?
It will be very heavy (20 or 30mm thicknes?) But will this isolate from vibration or perhaps pick up vibration? I have a wood floor.
If good is marble or granite to prefer?
128x128ulf
Mknowles, I mentioned that Granite has that ringing. I didn't say that marble does. I think that marble, being a sedimentary rock, has more in common with limestone, than with granite. Therefore, I would guess that marble would not ring much, or at all. However, it does break very easily, if it is not supported fully from the bottom. As such, I would not expect it to be suitable for shelving on an audio rack.

As far as granite ringing, I know that 3/8" thick definitely does, and I haven't done specific tests on other thicknesses. I have read some material that referred to granite TT bases causing unwanted resonances.
Stone is a terrible choice for Hi Fi racks, you would get better sound with cardboard and save money
I have had terrific success with thick granite, particularly
in combination with other isolation devices. I've also
tried the 4" in thick maple which I feel is even better.
To take the subject admittedly but interestingly off-topic for a sec, I once bought an unusual gift of a windchime made from shards of a particular kind of obsidian (natural volcanic glass) that forms in 'fingers'. Dangle these pieces from monofilament and they ring like bells, with a very pleasing overtones structure.

Anyway, although I have not experimented with this myself, many audiophiles and manufacturers seem to prefer one of manufactured granite or marble substitutes that are used in kitchen countertops, such as Fountainhead (hope I got that name right?). Presumably these are fabricated using bonding resins that act as damping agents.