Twisting wire on VPI for anti skate?

How do you make this twist? My manual (a great table but not a great manual at all) mentions it but does not say how to do it.
Twist it which way?
With no anti skating, all was well except one album that skipped on the first track.
rmcfee
If it's one album and on one track, why do you assume it's an AS issue? Did you examine the record? A speck of matter lodged in the vinyl could cause the cartridge to skip, as might a scratch. Skipping is not associated with skating forces; it's a force that might cause the cantilever to bend laterally or cause odd stylus wear, and of course sonic consequences, but is not strong enough to cause skipping...

I used to own a Scout and now own a Classic and both tables sound(ed) best with no AS at all. There are a few current threads on here discussing this issue and the consensus seems to be that a majority of audiophiles prefer no AS at all. That is especially true of VPI owners.

You did not say which VPI turntable you have, but I assume it comes with no AS device. I never had any skipping issues with the Scout, which also didn't have the AS thingy. Make sure your cartridge is aligned properly and you're tracking at the correct VTF.
the twist is made with the connector. Unplug the tonearm lead wire from the junction box and rotate it 360 degrees and plug it back in. If a loop forms in the wire, straighten it back out. Hope that helps
I wasn't really sure what caused it to skip. It is a mint album but I don't recall playing it before so it may have some flaws.
I have a VPI Scoutmaster 2 with the anti skate gizmo but it is disconnected.
The wire is supposed to apply AS force but there is no mention of set up. I will not use it if I don't need it.
It sounds amazing so I would rather not mess with it.
With no anti skating, all was well except one album that skipped on the first track.
A/S is intended to balance stylus pressures against the opposing groovewalls during play, not to prevent the stylus from racing down the angled slope of most lead-in grooves.

The key to preventing skipping during cueing is to keep the tonearm under control (manually) until the stylus locks into a groove. It would be a major error to use A/S for that purpose, you'd end up with far too much for playing the music.

It's debatable that A/S is needed at all. Many people including me don't use it at all. The test is not how does the arm cue, the test is how does it play. If you can track the toughest passages on tight inner grooves without R channel breakup or fuzziness, you don't actually need A/S at all. You may want some depending on your sonic preferences, but that's a matter for individual experimentation and listening.