Is DSD download already an extinct format?

I recently purchased a Benchmark DAC 2 which supports DSD decoding following an article from Robert Hartley indicating that Sony would release all of its music catalog in DSD download format. As of today, there are only 358 DSD downloads available from Acoustic Sounds. On average the DSD downloads is music that is 30-45 years old...you know the same stuff you already own in CD, DVD-audio, SACD. Just getting tired of purchasing Getz/Gilberto in all formats.

Record companies, please give us the new music in Hi-rez format rigth off the bat and stop giving us the better resolution years later!
128x128dasign
What is genuine irony is the often beaten down and berated Redbook CD has much to offer. If you have a very good quality CD player/Transport/DAC in a well devised system, the sound quality and music reproduction is exceptionally satisfying. There are a multitude of CDs available for very reasonable cost, one can build a vast library of wonderful music. This approach has worked successfully for me. Redbook quality is very under appreciated in my opinion. People are finding that the newer formats are over hyped in many cases, or certainly over priced for what's actually delivered.
Charles,
Charles, What I am hearing with a very limited sampling of DSD files on my HAPZ1 as compared to redbook through the HAPZ1 is a close parallel to the distinction between the hifi and WE 101Ds. You could be happy forever, until you hear the difference. But there is certainly a difference between DSD master files and redbook PCM recordings via flac or wav. Where the analogy fails is that there is no earthly reason that I can see for charging substantially more for a DSD download than a redbook download. Looks like the usual practice of attempting to place the entire burden of set up costs on the early adapters.

You are absolutely right, redbook done well can be very good, and the cost is quite reasonable and in some cases downright cheap. I bought a used CD today for $0.98. 26.5 euro? Really?
Rja, its not the listening that leads to angst, its parting with the greenbacks that is a problem for some of us.