Is DSD download already an extinct format?

I recently purchased a Benchmark DAC 2 which supports DSD decoding following an article from Robert Hartley indicating that Sony would release all of its music catalog in DSD download format. As of today, there are only 358 DSD downloads available from Acoustic Sounds. On average the DSD downloads is music that is 30-45 years old...you know the same stuff you already own in CD, DVD-audio, SACD. Just getting tired of purchasing Getz/Gilberto in all formats.

Record companies, please give us the new music in Hi-rez format rigth off the bat and stop giving us the better resolution years later!
128x128dasign
Rja, its not the listening that leads to angst, its parting with the greenbacks that is a problem for some of us.
The lucky one are those who have a foot in all camps.

CompAudio is the future, but its also nice to throw on a spinning disk every now and then. Properly set up CompAudio sounds better though and when done with full DSP like with Spatial computing, its game over.
I won't claim that Redbook is better, only that it can be "very, very" good.I don't know how many times the latest format has been declared "game over".Time will tell, if DSD is really superior then that's good news. Its just that promises and hype are so easy to do.I just want good music reproduction.The cost of the music(DSD files) has to be market sensible or it's doomed to be merely another niche audiophile product with zero mass market appeal/sucess.I can buy used CDs for 4-6 dollars(or less) and they sound quite pleasing in my system.Even many new CDs are very reasonably priced.I'll buy into DSD(eventually) if the companies do things right and demostrate some foresight.
Charles,